A 20 yr. old Chinese man is dead after the battery inside his cellular phone, which he was unfortunately carrying inside of his chest pocket, exploded unexpectedly Sunday evening. Because of the location of the phone upon explosion, the young man’s vital arteries were severed, resulting in massive blood loss and leaving the young man [...]
We’ve been covering a lot of stories regarding malfunctioning batteries over the past few weeks here at The Battery Times. While swelling or exploding batteries can pose a risk to the users, most of the time they are just an annoying inconvenience.
This past week was a tough one for batteries as another battery explosion took place in a very unexpected situation . Over 30 people had to be evacuated from a nursing home in Florida Saturday after a laptop battery randomly exploded and ignited a fire. Nurses Helping Hands nursing home in Dunedin, FL was the [...]
I bet you didn’t know that each time you turn on a flashlight you run the risk of having an explosion right in your hands. I know I sure didn’t, and apparently neither did a Northern California woman who ended up dazed after the Duracell batteries powering her flashlight were sent rocketing across the room [...]
If you happen to be a proud user of a Nokia cell phone, you may want to check out the battery and make sure it’s not starting to swell up on you. It’s nothing much to worry about, your phone’s not going to randomly explode on you while you’re on a call, but the expanding [...]