CMOS Memory Battery
Alkaline 844 Battery Pack for Clock Memory Support
How to replace the CMOS battery
The following is a general guideline. If you are unsure how to change the CMOS battery please consult a professional. Refer to your user manual or consult the manufacturer for any questions you have.
1. Boot up your PC and enter it into safe mode.
2. Write down all the setting from various BIOS menus. And then Power off your PC.
3. Open the case locating the battery on the motherboard. Consult your user manual for specification about the battery and its locations.
4. After you have obtained the proper replacement battery, remove your old battery and replace it with the new one.
5. It is a good idea to document the date of replacement for reference.
6. Replace the case and power on.
7. Enter the setup mode of your PC or Notebook.
8. Reenter the setting you have written down from various setup menus.
*Note: When working on your PC or Notebook, remember to properly ground yourself to rid yourself of any static.