BCI Group Size 31 Batteries
5 Quick Steps to Getting the Most out of your Car Battery
1. Keep the battery terminals clean and inspect regularly (i.e. monthly) for corrosion.
2. Start the car before operating car accessories and operate (drive) the car to allow the battery to get topped off by the car alternator which produces electricity and as by-product charges the car battery after voltage drops in the battery.
3. Keep the battery secure and free from vibration. Batteries that shake can become damaged and short circuited or worse cause damage to your car.
4. Insulate the battery from extreme temperature changes with a car battery insulation kit. These usually come with new cars already, however you can find replacements specifically made to fit your car's battery compartment. The sleeves are usually plastic or an acid resistant/thermal resistant material that insulates your battery but still allows it to vent.
5. Invest in a car battery charger that will maintain an optimum charge level when your car is not in use or when you go on vacation.