Exide® | Edge AGM Car Battery
Starts Like New, Stays Like New Longer
Exide® Edge™ batteries are the first and only absorbed glass mat (AGM) batteries that feature SureLife™ Graphite Technology to maximize available energy capacity. What does this mean to you and your car? This helps your car battery perform at higher levels longer. Exide Edge provides more protection against battery failure, helping your vehicles stay strong and perform like new.
What is a Flat Plate AGM Battery
This a high energy capacity battery that has the energy to handle a lot of power demands at once, plus the endurance to perform at a high level day after day.
- Flat plate AGM batteries have six sets of plates with glass mat separator containing the electrolyte are arranged in a straight line inside the battery (like slices of a loaf of bread).
- Because the plates are compressed in rows, the battery has more capacity, I.E.: it uses all of the surface area inside the container to provide more energy when it’s needed. Plate compression enables longer life or more total energy usage over time.
- Provides further back-up protection from extraordinary, but unplanned, discharge events (extended airport storage, lights left on or hazard light support, for example).
Strong AGM Construction
Exide prides itself on superior design and innovative use of material in Edge Series of car batteries. This provides a new level of performance and protection.
- A: SURELIFE™ GRAPHITE TECHNOLOGY: Advanced graphite additive that maximizes energy capacity for more protection against battery failure over the lifetime of the battery.
- B: AGM CONSTRUCTION: Specialized, fine glass fiber mats designed to absorb the electrolyte like a sponge, keeping it uniformly distributed and held in place. This constructions helps the batteries to be sealed and spill-proof, vibration and corrosion resistant.
- C: SPECIAL PRESSURE VENTING SYSTEMS: This special valve system helps the water recombination reaction, which reduces water loss for less evaporation and dry out. Individual pressure valves eliminate cell-to-cell vapor migration for less variation across cells that can reduce power and shorten life.
- D: HIGHLY ENGINEERED ALLOY: Special engineered alloy of lead/calcium/tin/silver to maximize life even under extreme operating conditions.
- E: CONTINUOUS CAST GRID: Provides excellent conductivity for stronger power and fewer shorts.
- F: HIGH CONDUCTIVITY POST: Low resistance design ensures fast cranking.
- G: RECESSED SUITCASE HANDLE: Provides easy transport and installation.
- H: COMPACT & SPACE EFFICIENT WELD: Computer-controlled welding process and a lower profile weld shape helps deliver maximum current.